11/2 sticks unsalted butter
½ cup confectioners’ sugar
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
½ cup cornstarch
1 teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon ground allspice
½ cup @fishernutsbrand almonds, coarsely chopped
Chocolate Rum Sauce:
½ cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 teaspoons dark rum
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, “cream” the butter & sugar until smooth, 5-8 minutes. Add almond extract.
3. Sift together flour, cornstarch, salt and allspice. Gently mix in dry ingredients and the almonds.
4. Roll batter into small balls & gently flatten onto a greased baking sheet. Bake until light brown, 8-10 minutes. Yields about 1 1/2 dozen cookies.
Make the Sauce:
1. In a medium pot over low heat, heat the cream.
2. Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl fitted over the top of the pot of cream like double boiler. The chocolate will melt as the cream heats.
3. Remove from the heat and stir the cream into the melted chocolate.
4. Stir in the rum.
Makes about 1 cup chocolate sauce.